Next to Page and Colorado


We had a great tournament in Ogden, UT.  I played with Nadine McKay in the 4.0 Women Doubles.  There were only 2 teams, so we took silver by default.  Played with Sean Gregory in the 4.5 Mixed Doubles. Didn’t medal, but did win a couple of matches from some great players.  It was really good play.  Enjoyed seeing not only Nadine and Mike  McKay, but Karen & Phil Wisner and Paul & Linda Hoggatt from Grand.  We also visited with the group that came up from St. George to play in the games. 
We headed for Page, AZ next.  I had to have my third epidural for my degenerative disk.  The pain went away almost completely with the first two, but it started returning after getting back active.  Hopefully, this one will work for awhile.  Had one day there before driving back to Surprise.  We decided to do the Antelope Canyon on the Navajo Reservation.  It was fantastic.100_0035
Here’s a few pictures of the Slot Canyon.
20120725_172844


          100_0062


P7250002
After a quick trip to Surprise and instructions for no exercise for 3 weeks, we packed up and headed to Durango, Co.  Can you imagine being in that area and no hiking or biking.  It’s a sin.
In Durango, we took the train trip to Silverton.  Beautiful scenery the whole way.
100_0001better river engine

great trainopen car




100_0047
We also managed to take the jeep on the Alpine Loop, taking Engineer Pass over to Lake City and Stoney Pass on the way back.  I promise, I’m obeying the No Exercise rule.  The ride was just a little bumpy, but I took extra pillows to sit on and for my back.
100_0003 Stitch
Panoramic View from Engineer Pass.
100_0037 
We had rain move in and it normally rains every afternoon and this day was no different.
100_0022
You could watch the rains coming in.
Tomorrow, Aug 5th, we’re heading up to Matterhorn just south of Telluride. We’ll be staying in a National Forest camp without hookups, so my time on the web will probably limited for a week.  I'll have the generator, but probably no signal.
I’ll catch up when we get to the Blue Mesa area in a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break Down

Fiji- A Great Getaway

April Family Fun