The rest of the Story

 

 

I know it’s been almost a month since me last post, there’s really not much going on.  Due to no pickleball and mostly bad weather, we sort of just vegged until we moved to LaConner on the 18th of July.

Bob was able to play pickleball with some of the regulars at LaConner. Joanne Browning came over a couple of mornings.  Rick and Linda (Linda is a ranger at Palm Springs during the winter Months) were there with Cindy and Phil, Dottie and Al, Dick and Bev, and some others.  I’m still not able to play due to a torn meniscus in my left knee.  I thought that my pain this summer was from weather and just old age, but I must have injured it since one morning when I went out for my regular walk, it was hurting worse and didn’t let up after getting it warmed up, just got worse so that I couldn’t do anything that didn’t hurt bad. The doctor that did my right knee 10 years ago was able to see me and after an MRI will be doing surgery on Aug. 9th.  So even though the biopsy on my left calf is ok and healed, now I’m down with this thing. 

We did have a few good days in LaConner and Bob and I took out the Kayaks.  One day we kayaked around Hope Island and the other time we kayaked around the spit to Kikit Island. 

P7240005 That’s Hope Island behind Bob.  It was so clear that day, we could see both Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier from the water.

P7240004

 

 

 

 

P7300009

It was really neat when we kayaked to Kikit Island and could see the houses from the water that we past on Snee-oosh Rd.

Also to see the Park from the water.

P7300014

 

 

There’s now an Anthony’s Restaurant in Anacortes.  It opened in January of this year.  We went there for lunch for a treat.  It’s really been good weather here since the 30th, but I don’t think it’s hit 80 yet.

On the 1st of Aug.  we went over to the resort in Concrete,”Grandy Creek”. I was really looking forward to this since there’s a great bike trail from Concrete to Sedro Wooley and we were going to explore some hikes in the area. NOT!  We have explored Baker Lake, but only in the jeep.   P8020015

   P8020020

 

 

 

We drove across the dam, but then had to go back over since the roads showing on the GPS were now closed.

P8020018

  The Dam rd. was really narrow.

P8020017

 

 

 

To the right is  Baker Lake.  The dam feeds in Tyee Lake below.

P8020021

  Went to see Bob’s Mom yesterday and also his nephew and brother-in-law.Tim had back surgery 3 weeks ago and is doing fine.  It’s less than a week until my arthroscopic surgery and then, hopefully, I’ll be on to recovery.  Got to get back on the pickleball court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break Down

April Family Fun

Ending of one Epidsode and On to another